Walter Bressia is â€¦. He is one of my favorite winemakers! As a sommelier you usually need to be very objective when you evaluate a wine or the work of a winemaker. However, I am sure that you will agree with me when you taste his wines!â€¦ There is no doubt he is among the top 10 winemakers in Argentina. This is the outcome of more than 30 years of experience and trajectory as an oenologist and winemaker in the national and international market.
Last Friday March 13th, Walter accomplished his dream of having his own winery opened to the public. He prefers to call it Casa de Vinos (Wine House) due to its dimensions and also because it is a truly family-run winery. In other words, it is their second home. We enjoyed of a great opening cocktail!
When you visit this winery, you are received by Marita, Walterâ€™s daughter, or even by Walter himself. Their passion and values have helped them to consolidate this project and positioned their wines among the best wines of Argentina. This success not only benefits their name but also the whole Argentine wine industry. Unique, sensual and attractive wines are elaborated through a combination of technology and knowledge, yet following a modest and authentic winemaking style.
Walter is an advocate of blends. He thinks that through the combination of different varietals and/ or grapes coming from different regions he can reach supremacy in his wines.Â Also, he has a cellar with more than 350 French and American barrels since all his wines are aged. Each bottle is unique due the exclusivity and distinctiveness of each assemblage and vintage, merging delicacy and balance as its main factors.
The winery produces only 30,000 bottles per year, a very low production considering that it comprises only 6 products:
1)Bressia Profundo - the wineryâ€™s first wine in 2001. This wine is the result of the blend of Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah varieties all from LujÃ¡n de Cuyo. A perfect example of elegance, complexity and adequate concentration. This wine initiated a trend towards blends in Argentina and that currently attracts more and more followers. 92 pts awarded by Wine Advocate. Production:Â 8,000 bottles.
2) Bressia Conjuro -Â the roof of Bressiaâ€™s pyramid characterized by Michel Rolland as the best blend ofÂ Uco Valley and awarded 94 pts by Wine Advocate. It is a blend made out of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. â€œI think it is a captivating wineâ€¦ It bewitched me! That why its name conjuro ( spell)â€ Production: 2,500 bottles.
3) LÃ¡grima Canela - a white wine for red wine drinkers, as Walter Bressia likes to define this high quality product. Blend: 70%Chardonnay â€“ 30%SemillÃ³n| Valle de Tupungato - Mendoza | 1.000 meters asl.Â It has a perfect balance between the freshness we would expect from a white and all the unctuousness and elegance provided by its oak aging. 90pts awarded by Wine Advocate. Production: 2,200 bottles
4) Bressia Royale Brut Nature - at the peak of the best Argentine champenoise sparkling wines. Blend: Pinot Noir - Chardonnay | Valle de Tupungato - Mendoza | 1.000 meters asl. This assemblage has very fine bubbles and an elegant structure.
5) Bressia Monteagrelo Malbec - one of the latest jewel, created from a three-terroir blend. Malbec 100% from LujÃ¡n de Cuyo: Agrelo / Vistalba - Tupungato (Gualtallari) - San Carlos (La Consulta)| - Between 930 and 970 meters asl. It is a Malbec of intense red color with purple shades and black background. In the nose, red and black fruits stand out perfectly combined with soft notes of vanilla, chocolate and coffee notes granted by oak aging.Â 91 pts awarded by Wine Advocate. Production: 12,000 bottles.
6) Bressia Monteagrelo Chardonnay â€“ Chardonnay 100%Â from LujÃ¡n de Cuyo. A crisp chardonnay with a lot of character! The last creation launched into the market! Production: 3,000 bottles.
7) Dal Cuore Grappa - Grappa made from Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc. Production: 2,000 bottles.
* Bressia Monteagrelo SyrahÂ - Bressia Monteagrelo Cabernet Sauvignon
* An ultra premium wine above conjuro which name hasnâ€™t been revealed yet!
Check our on line store to buy any of his wines!!
Owned by independent growers
Vineyards Location: LujÃ¡n de Cuyo (Agrelo) â€“ Valle de Uco
Variedades / Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, SemillÃ³n.
Total: 30.000 liters
Stainless Steel Tanks: 20.000 liters
Oak Barrels: 350
Suiza, Brasil y Estados Unidos / Switzerland, Brazil and the United States ( check our on line store)
STAFF AND TECHNICAL STAFF
Walter Bressia â€“ Director / Winemaker
Marita Bressia â€“ Gerente de ExportaciÃ³n / Export Manager â€“ Gerente de Mercado Interno / Domestic Market Manager
Marita Illanes de Bressia â€“ Presidente / President
Marcelo Cassasa â€“ Consultant Agronomist
Cochabamba s/n. Agrelo - Lujan de Cuyo
Mendoza - (CP 5507)
Reservations are required. Opening hours: 10am to 5pm. They only carry out private tours. You will love it!!
TelÃ©fono:Â +54 (261)- 4393 860
Fax: +54 (261)- 4393 860