1. Tell us about your experience/background:
I graduated with a degree as a professional chef from the Escuela Islas Malvinas in Mendoza. Soon after, in 2005, I started my experience in the food and wine industry working with Francis Mallmann. Since then I have worked under his supervision in a number of gastronomic projects, in Mendoza’s 1884 restaurant.
2. What do you do at The Vines?
I manage and coordinate many different aspects of Siete Fuegos, including the restaurant, in-villa service, breakfast, events, the bars, and also the Food & Beverage department.
3. What makes you excited to come to work in the morning?
The challenge and adrenaline rush of a busy event or service, and then ultimately seeing that the customers are impressed and that we have done a fabulous job.
4. What work experience is most memorable to you?
My best experience was organizing the Presential Summit of the MERCOSUR in Mendoza in 2012. (For those who are not familiar, this is the most prestigious political summit held in South America).
5. What's so special about working at The Vines?
Every day is an opportunity to witness a beautiful landscape that never stops changing and amazing us in fascinating ways. I’ll always be in awe of this view.
6. What makes our resort and restaurant guests the happiest?
The warmth that emerges from every member of our team, working in a place that they regard as their own, and wanting every guest to feel it is theirs as well.
7. What is the single most important thing a five-star hotel/restaurant should deliver?
I believe that the most important thing that a five-star hotel or restaurant should provide is an experience that can't be found anywhere else. This, plus warmth and consistency of service.
8. What activity do you recommend to anyone visiting Mendoza for the first time?
Everyone who comes to see Mendoza should explore the mountains! There is Porterillos with the beautiful dam, but going a little higher to see Puente de Inca is truly amazing.
9. What do you like to do when you're not at work?
I like getting to know new places in Mendoza. It’s an area with much history, that always surprises you, with places new and old.
10. What is your favorite vacation destination, and where do you dream of going next?
My favorite vacation spot is a beach with warm water and white sand. I am hoping my next trip will be a two week vacation to the north of Argentina.
11. If you were a wine, which characteristics would you have?
If i were a wine, I think I would be a Chardonnay with clear color, golden hues, and fruity and fresh with a little bit of citrus.