- Clos de los Siete 2007 (48% Malbec, 28% Merlot, 12% Cabernet, and 12% Syrah) The star on the label has seven points symbolizing ambition and conviction, and to tell the truth it does indeed acheive that. Dark ruby color with velvety essences of black cherry, licorice, and caramel laced oak. Bold and a bit aggressive it settles into luscious blackberry and current flavors ending with a mouthwatering finish.
- Petite Fleur 2007 - This wine is bright and vibrant like a lively adolescent. Spring fresh berries intersprinkled with some darker smoke and caramel aspects, it is smooth yet brimming with zesty acid. Youthful and fleeting, it leaves you with a beautiful memory.
- Monteviejo 2006 - This is a cascade of richly cooked cherry lava accented with pepper and spice rounded out with a cloud of mysterious black fruit. Instantly grabbing your attention, this wine is explosive yet layered with a softer side of violet flowers, earth, and cocoa.
- Lindaflor 2004 - Inky and black, and oh-so enigmatic, this wine is pure "yum"! From start to finish this wine is a pleasure, from the color straight through to the spice infused, enticing chocolate cherry finish, this is a wine to share and remember with a good friend.
- Val de Flores 2004- Powerful and bold, this is a wine to watch with age. In a culture that does not have a long attention span, this wine will definitely be a crowd organizer. Rich notes of tobacco, leather, black cherry, raspberry with structured acidity and tannins, which all lend to aging this powerpacked wine. Taste this wine next year and guaranteed it will have you purring.
We would like to thank Marcelo for all of his expertise and elegant, beautiful wines as well as encourage you to taste the Flecha de los Andes, another one of the famous "7" included in Clos de los Siete, which is in our current reserve wine club, (shhh-actually one of my favorite reserve selections to date) and online store!
Salud and Happy New Year! May everyone start the year with a little Malbec in their lives!